Thursday, April 3, 2014

Heeeeeelloooo Orlando!!!!!

Guess who FINALLY made it to Orlando?!?!?! THIS GIRL!!!!!

     Yes folks, just about an hour ago we arrived at our wonderful cousins' house in sunny Orlando, FL. Well right now its dark...but you know what I mean! Sarah and David welcomed us in with open arms and we're spending the evening settling in and recovering from our two day, 14 hour drive. So what better time to get everyone a little caught up on things!! WARNING: This is going to be a fairly long post. A lot has happened in the last few weeks!!! Ok so let's get started!
     Well the last few weeks have just flown by! They were filled with lots of excitement, frustration, worry, tears, and of course TRAVELING. I spent a lot of time trying to spend time with as much people as possible. Between my dad, boyfriend, best friends, and mother it was a bit difficult. Luckily I have some amazing people in my life. About a week before I left my boyfriend told me he wanted to take me on one last special date. He wouldn't give me any details and kept throwing me off with fake hints!! Well I get to Ruston and he takes me to one of my favorite restaurants, Portico. We walk in and all of the sudden 30 of the most amazing friends pop out from everywhere yelling, "SURPRISE!!!". Those stinkers completely had me fooled!!! I was beyond shocked and thrilled! All my FLAWLE$$ crew was there, as well as all of Mamma's Lil Lambs, and a couple of my honorary "roommates". If you're apart of one of those groups you know it. ;) It was really emotional for me. Nothing has ever been so bittersweet!! To know I have that many people in my life that are going to miss me is such a blessing. I love you all and I already miss you guys like crazy!!! 
 
                                                                                              

     Then there was also lots of frustration. Some of you may have heard of the nation wide Chevrolet Cobalt recalls that are happening due to the ignition thingamabob. Well anyway guess what kinda car I have?? Yep. you guessed it. Chevy Cobalt. So about two weeks before departure date I had to take my car to the dealership. They then informed me that it would be at least a month before the part came in and that they would gladly pay for a rental car for me. Well after finding out I was moving to Orlando soon and I'm not 21, well no more rental car! Long story short, mom raised hell and I got a rental car. Unfortunately it was only till I left! So we had to tow the car down to Orlando and in the morning we are taking it to the dealership here to get fixed in a few weeks and I'll have a rental car from here in the mean time. But believe me...the struggle is real.  


   
     If you read my last post you know that my original plans for traveling got a little messed up. My boyfriend was chosen to participate in a preliminary run of American Ninja Warrior. So on March 30th we headed out to Dallas, TX to cheer him on. Can't give any details on how that went but we had a blast!! I sure was one proud girlfriend! :) SO anyway, after a weekend of traveling in the exact opposite direction of Orlando, I got home and the next morning hit the road for Florida!! But that wasn't before one of the hardest goodbyes I had. Me and Lou have been together for about a year now and the longest we've ever been apart was a week. He's coming to see me for our anniversary in May, but being away from him for 2 months is going to be torture!!  But anyway, enough of that sappy stuff...

    Ok so lets talk about packing huh?! I am SO glad we drove because I have NO idea how I would've crammed all my crap into 2 or 3 bags!! I loaded my moms van full!!! I mean I was packing for a weekend to Dallas, a week traveling/Orlando pre-checkin, and then everything needed for four months. But seriously I have a problem. "Hello, my name is Amy" "HI AMY" "and I am addicted to over packing."
   

     On the Disney side of things I got all my paperwork done and DORMS application complete and me and Julia are all set to live together!!! We still don't know much more than that but we did receive conformation that the two of us will be together so we are SO happy about that!!! Speaking of my lovely roommate...I GET TO MEET HER TOMORROW!!!! Well maybe the next day but soon for sure! That poor girl had two flights and three time changes to deal with today. But the Oregon native who's never played in the rain because all theirs is cold, is now in Orlando and get's to experience sun!!!! Hahaha. We plan on going to Universal together Sunday and tons and tons of shopping together very soon!!! I'm beyond excited!!! EXCLAMATION MARKS!!!!! Hehehe.

     Ok so this post was really unorganized and messy and I apologize but it's like 11:30 at night and I'm exhausted. I just wanted to get a post out with pre-trip stuff before check-in because Ima have SO much to talk about then!!!

Sooooo....maybe this wasn't as long as anticipated. Whatever sue me. :P

Peace, Love, and Pixie Dust!
Amy Dousay :)
   










No comments:

Post a Comment